The Health Education Center (HEC) is part of the Connecticut Area Health Education Center (AHEC) Network working throughout Connecticut to improve access to basic health care by linking local community groups with the resources of UConn Health and other health professions training programs.
- Continuing Medical Education
- Primary Care Career Advising and
Mentoring Program (PCCAMP)
- Urban Service Track/AHEC Scholars
- Community-Based Experiential Learning
- Migrant Farm Worker Clinics
- National Primary Care Week
- Collegiate Health Service Corps
- Undergraduate Programming
- Youth Health Service Corps
- Public Health Ambassadors
- Biomedical Engineering Discovery Program
- Connecticut Junior Science and Humanities Symposium
- Health Occupations & Technology Guide
Connecticut AHEC Locations
There are four AHEC regional offices in Connecticut, which together provide statewide coverage. Each center serves a distinct area of the state. The Connecticut AHEC Program Office at UConn School of Medicine in Farmington administers the AHEC program in Connecticut.
HEALTH EDUCATION CENTER
55 Main Street
Norwich, CT 06360
Areas Served: Windham and New London Counties
Michele Scott, MSOL
CENTRAL AHEC, INC.
151 New Park Avenue, Suite 3C, 1st Floor
Hartford, CT 06106
Areas Served: Hartford, Middlesex, and Tolland Counties, Meriden and Wallingford
Patricia Gonzalez, M.S.
83 Prospect Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
Areas Served: Greater Waterbury, Greater Danbury and Litchfield County
Patricia Harrity, M.S.
SOUTHWESTERN AHEC, INC.
5 Research Drive, 2nd Floor
Shelton, CT 06484
Areas Served: Fairfield and New Haven Counties, including Bridgeport and New Haven